Labels

Events (43) Exhibitions (53) Fashion (20) Favorites (47) Interviews (19) Philanthropy (5) Topics (17)

3.10.2011

Don Dudley at I-20

Good evening contemporary art lovers!
I recently discovered the work of Don Dudley through my new friend from the I20 gallery! Born in 1930, Don Dudley is an American artist who lives and works in New York. His works were exhibited on both coasts of the US and in Europe. one can say that is a combination of minimal and optic art.

I-20 hosted Don's first solo show at the gallery a few months ago. One can say that is a combination of minimal and optic art. He indefinitely explores object, color and surface. He is a painter but he also makes installations such as the wall-hunging aluminum modules and a series of homasote sectional walls configuration that were exhibited at the gallery. Colored stripes kinda remind me of Daniel Buren's work, a French conceptual artist.

Private collections and museums such as the Whitney in NY already bought his works. It's worth keeping an eye on...

No comments:

Post a Comment