Labels

Events (43) Exhibitions (53) Fashion (20) Favorites (47) Interviews (19) Philanthropy (5) Topics (17)

3.04.2011

Armory Show and MoMA after party!!

Good evening contemporary art lovers!
I must say I was a bit disappointed by the Armory... I usually want to but at least two or three works of art (sometimes even more!!) but I didn't find anything attracting this year. I was also expecting to see galleries that weren't here. And as in any other fair, an area is dedicated to one country. 2011 is focusing on Latin-America art which is important for its development and its influence.

I saw several sculptures made by Tony Cragg, a British visual artist specialized in sculpture and who lives and works in Germany. His work is amazing and I'm not the only one who says he is: the Louvre museum in Paris shows some of his works. Exhibition runs until the end of April. The Marianne Goodman gallery in NY is one of his art dealer. He mostly uses traditional materials such as bronze, wood and marble and carves simple forms that are all made by him, not in factories. There was a huge and beautiful Reyle, a striped one. Beautiful but we already saw that kind of work many times! Oddly my favorite part is the modern one. I was more impressed by paintings made for instance by Matta or Botero than by the contemporary part.
After party at the MoMA was pretty cool. It reminded me dinners at Beaubourg in Paris. That's so cool drinking and having fun in a museum. And Kate Nash was performing....

Get ready for tonight: Powers art opening and after party, Flatt art magazine party....

No comments:

Post a Comment