Labels

Events (43) Exhibitions (53) Fashion (20) Favorites (47) Interviews (19) Philanthropy (5) Topics (17)

4.12.2013

Exclusive Interview with travel writer Francisca Matteoli

Good evening contemporary art lovers!
Chilean, with a Scottish mother, Francisca Mattéoli spent her childhood in Latin America. After living in Brazil, she now resides in Paris and is the author of numerous travel books published in more than ten countries and translated in several languages. As a travel writer, she has also been published in, among others, National Geographic France and Conde Nast Traveller.
Born and raised in South America, you have Scottish roots and you live in Paris. Do you feel having the urge to travel since you were a little girl?
Yes. When I lived in Chile, I was travelling in imagination before I started travelling myself, thinking about the places where my parents and grandparents have been and imagining their adventures. I was also travelling at home ­ in a way ­, with my parents and their 2 nationalities, so different. It was a normal thing for me and I suppose that is why I became a travel writer. I felt always really myself between two worlds.
Absolutely. They have been an inspiration for me. They show a world that does not exist anymore, the golden age of travels, and also, each page tells a story – about my roots, my family history, their travels, around the globe and, in the chilean countryside. They sumerize everything I am.


Please tell us about the photo albums your mother made. Could we say that you traveled through them?
Absolutely. They have been an inspiration for me. They show a world that does not exist anymore, the golden age of travels, and also, each page tells a story – about my roots, my family history, their travels, around the globe and, in the chilean countryside. They sumerize everything I am.

READ MORE: 

No comments:

Post a Comment